Pinstripe’s RPO Analyst Day: Talent Forward
I attended Pinstripe’s analyst day on May 15, 2013. It was combined with its Client Talent Forward Summit, with the theme “Commitment to Innovation”. Highlights of the day included:
Pinstripe discussed 10 recent innovations, of which a panel of four Pinstripe clients then discussed a few Pinstripe innovations that have benefitted their business, including:
- Email campaigning: A proactive approach to creating candidate pools with active and passive candidates. This enables messaging a high number of candidates with relevant information – such as familiarizing candidates with potential hiring company announcements; e.g. “Did you happen to know we were named one of the best places to work 4 years in a row” or “We were rated as the safest operating room to work in St. Louis”. Email Campaigning has resulted in a two-to-three times increase in passive candidate responses
- Video interviewing: Both live and prerecorded interviews of candidate presentations. Managers feel more informed of when to take candidates to the next step. Team interviewing is also conducted
- Employment branding and social recruiting: All about making a connection with the candidate to “get them in the door”. Includes training and education on how to properly use social media to send out positive messages.
We toured the Brookfield facility where ~60% of employees work. The tour included:
- Understanding how employees are recognized
- How virtual employees are connected and communicated with as though they were onsite in Brookfield
- Demos of some of the innovations, including email campaigns to build talent pipelines
- A visit to the Impression Center.
The Impression Center, which receives 250k calls per year, is staffed by customer service experts who are imperative to potential candidates’ first impression of the company. Applicants and candidates can call the center with questions throughout the job offer, and live chat is also offered. First call resolution is 96% with 97% customer satisfaction. Over 63k interviews have been scheduled by the Impression Center. Candidates may still contact the recruiter if needed; however, by using the Impression Center there has been a 97% reduction of calls to recruiters, allowing them to focus on their primary concern – recruiting.
Pinstripe Analyst Briefing
Pinstripe has grown from ~450 employees and ~73,000 hires in 2011 to ~575 employees today and nearly 100,000 hires in 2012. Most recruitment contracts at Pinstripe are end-to-end, full service RPO as opposed to projects. Several of the more recent contracts have been second- and third-generation RPO clients. Pinstripe’s partnership with Ochre House, formed in 2009 to deliver RPO in EMEA and Asia-Pacific, has been awarded several contracts to fill multi-regional hiring needs. Both companies attribute their success to sharing similar values. Honeywell is an example of a second-generation client now expanding beyond North America to Europe that Ochre House will serve. Combined with Ochre House, RPO is provided to ~85 clients in 45 countries in 23 languages.
One of the key messages taken from this summit is that Pinstripe is keenly focused on the candidate experience and a positive work environment for its employees to excel at satisfying client needs. It is therefore of no surprise that Pinstripe recruiters have an average of >9 years’ experience.
Interested in reading the latest HRO news from NelsonHall? Subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here.
This entry was posted on May 21, 2013 at 9:46 am and is filed under Analyst Day, Asia Pacific, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Service, EMEA, Employee Engagement, Future Investment, Hiring, Human Capital Management, IT Recruiting, Labor Arbitrage, nelsonhall, Ochre House, outsourcing, Pinstripe, recruiting services, Recruiting Technology, recruitment process outsourcing, rpo contracts, RPO Offerings, RPO providers, rpo research, RPO Summit, Social Media, Staffing, Talent, Talent gaps, Talent Globalization, Talent Management, Talent Shortage, Total Retirement Outsourcing, Workforce administration, Workforce Investment, Workforce Management, Workforce Productivity, workforce retention, Workforce Solutions, Workforce Talent. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments.
Tags: Asia-Pacific, Brookfield, Candidate, candidate experience, Customer Service, email campaigning, EMEA, employment branding, Honeywell, human resource, Impression Center, multi-regional hiring, Ochre House, Pinstripe, positive work environment, recruitment, recruitment process outsourcing, social media, social recruiting, St. Louis, talent pipelines, video interviewing, virtual employeesYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.