Countdown to the 2012 HR Technology Conference
This year’s HR Technology Conference is just twelve weeks away. It will be held in Chicago from October 8–10. Be sure to check out the agenda, especially the new outsourcing track, which includes the following presentations:
- Cisco Uses RPO to Hire Up to 15,000 a Year, presented by Mark Hamberlin, VP of HR Global Staffing at Cisco and Rebecca Callahan, President of Randstad Sourceright
- Ericsson Outsources Global Payroll in Manila, presented by Mark Howes, HR Director of Asia Pacific at Ericsson and Mary Sue Rogers, Global Managing Director of HR Managed Services at Talent2
- Benefits in a Time of Uncertainty, a panel discussion including Artell Smith from Aon Hewitt, Brian Johnson from Fidelity Investments, Norbert Englert from Mercer, Gail McKee from Towers Watson, and Tom Maddison from Xerox Corporation
- Whirlpool Leverages RPO to Transform Talent Acquisition, presented by Lynanne Kunkel, VP of HR at Whirlpool North America and Rudy Karsan, CEO of Kenexa.
I’ve attended the conference the last two years and continue to find it an invaluable investment of my time to:
- Attend presentations
- View technology exhibits
- Network with peers.
Presentations: In addition to Outsourcing, session topics include:
- Strategic View
- Talent Management
- Social in the Enterprise
- Workforce Analytics and Planning
- HCM and Workforce Management
- Expert Discussions.
Whether your company has outsourced or continues to do everything internally, there are bound to be several sessions that will teach you how to improve HR in your organization and be a better business partner. When I was on the buy-side prior to joining NelsonHall, I would attend such HR conferences to:
- Learn about the broader industry
- Think about how our HR outsourcing contract compared to others
- Get ideas on improvements we could make.
Technology Exhibits: Since technology is changing so rapidly, it is often difficult to keep up with new applications that are available. The conference is a great way to get exposed to a broad-range of recent innovations, e.g., ADP’s Mobile Application, talent management offerings, etc. You can stop by any booth and see a demo; there is no pressure and vendors are excited about their new products and services and are happy to show you.
So here is your chance to make a difference at your organization; you might stumble onto a better, more user-friendly technology for example. Even if you are not the decision-maker, you can always tell your organization about it when you return and request a customized demo. Alternatively, if you are already outsourcing, you might see something that you don’t have and can bring it to your provider’s attention.
Network: The conference provides an opportunity to expand your network with others including HR practitioners, buyers, providers, analysts, etc. I also like to meet individually with companies I do business with and others I want to learn more about. In addition to the daytime events, there are evening socials too. HR deserves to have fun!
As a reader of my blog, you are entitled to a discount. Register for the conference and enter promotion code HRO12 to save $500.
Interested in reading the latest HRO news from NelsonHall? Subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here.2012 HR Technology Conference, HR Tech, HR Tech Conference, HR Technology, Uncategorized
This entry was posted on July 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm and is filed under 2012 HR Technology Conference, HR Tech, HR Tech Conference, HR Technology, Uncategorized. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments.
Tags: ADP Mobile Application, analysts, Aon Hewitt, benefits, Cisco, Ericsson, Expert Discussions, Fidelity Investments, HCM and Workforce Management, HR Conferences, HR Managed Services, HR practitioners, Kenexa, Manila, Mercer, network, Outsourcing, payroll, presentations, Randstand Sourceright, recruiting, rpo, Social in the Enterprise, Strategic View, talent acquisition, talent management, Talent2, technology exhibits, Towers Watson, Whirlpool, Workforce Analytics and Planning, XeroxYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.