ManpowerGroup Latin America Analyst Event
ManpowerGroup Solutions held its first analyst event outside of the U.S. in Mexico City to focus on the fast-growing Latin America market which includes Mexico and Central America (MeCA), and South America. I must first say the hospitality extended to us by both the Latin America and U.S. ManpowerGroup teams present was the warmest I could have imagined.
The agenda included:
- Introduction to ManpowerGroup MeCA
- Talentism is the new capitalism: ManpowerGroup insights from the World Economic Forum
- The economic landscape in Mexico and Latin America
- ManpowerGroup priorities, progress, and perspectives
- The RPO and MSP market in MeCA
- Visit to ManpowerGroup client and ManpowerGroup office (particularly helpful to understand how jobs are advertised in Mexico)
- Labor and workforce demographics in South America
- ManpowerGroup brand, messaging, and target markets
- The global RPO COE
- Analyst perspectives on topics including: client readiness for global talent planning, client satisfaction, and ManpowerGroup strategies
With such an informative agenda, I’d be writing a small book if I tried to cover all the content, so I’ll focus on the client visit to KidZania. KidZania is a global organization with franchises in Mexico. It is opening its third office there by June, which we were able to visit. KidZania is focused on creating a live learning experience for kids that allows them to role-play adult activities including working different jobs, spending money, and even learning how to drive a miniature car after acquiring a permit. The facility is Disney-like, but better because adults are not allowed inside. ManpowerGroup also has its first job agency within KidZania, so kids can assess their skills and search for jobs available on computers.
ManpowerGroup Solutions began providing RPO services to KidZania in 2010 after the client was searching for an agile vendor that could provide a flexible workforce solution with a focus on talent. The client stated the following three primary objectives of which ManpowerGroup has exceeded its expectations:
- Find the right candidates fast
- Reduce time / cost of recruitment, including quickly scaling up and down to meet hiring needs
- Create the right culture among kids, parents, and collaborators.
I’ll revisit the Latin America market in a future blog, but for now I will say that although Mexico had one of its biggest recessions in 2008 – 2009, it has made a quick recovery, and is expected to create ~1.2m jobs this year. Mexico is about more than just outsourcing for labor arbitrage; it is about outsourcing for job skills where more than 100,000 engineers and technicians graduate every year from science and technology programs. Just last month, for example, Volkswagen’s Audi luxury-car unit announced that it will open its first North American factory in Mexico.
ManpowerGroup has more than 2,000 clients in MeCA and is present in 10 countries in South America. RPO is provided to both Mexican headquartered clients and U.S. MNCs with hiring needs in Mexico.
Gary Bragar, HRO Research Director, NelsonHall
Interested in reading the latest HRO news from NelsonHall? Subscribe to our newsletter by clicking hereCenter of Excellence, Flexible Workforce, hr outsourcing, hr outsourcing research, hro, HRO providers, hro research, Labor Arbitrage, MSP, nelsonhall, recruitment process outsourcing
Tags: Audi, CoE, flexible workforce, HR, hr outsourcing, hr outsourcing research, hro, HRO providers, hro research, KidZania, labour arbitrage, Latin America, ManpowerGroup Solutions, Mexico and Central America (MeCA), Mexico City, MNC, MSP, nelsonhall, rpo, South America, Talentism, U.S., Volkswagen, World Economic ForumYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.