HR Tech: Another Winner!
Kudos to Bill Kutik and everyone involved in planning and organizing the 14th Annual HR Tech Conference that took place October 3 -5. Surveys are still being collected, but I’d rate it as a success! As an analyst, I did attend a couple presentations and briefly visited the showroom floor but, the majority of my time was spent in small meetings learning about new outsourcing contract activity and technology offerings, which included demos. Highlights from some meetings included:
- IBM, already a major global MPHRO and LBPO provider, winning three significant contracts in the past month with clients headquartered in three different continents including a MPHRO contract with Air Canada (press release issued this morning). More to follow on the Air Canada win as well as the other MPHRO and LBPO contract awards as those press releases are issued.
- ManpowerGroup Solutions’ RPO business continuing to grow at > 50% thus far in 2011 with dozens of new clients added YTD in countries that include: U.S., Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, India, Vietnam, Japan, U.K., Israel, Belgium, Finland, Poland, Netherlands, Sweden, and France.
- ADP’s demo of Vantage HCM, which is initially targeted in the U.S. for organizations with 1,000 – 20,000 employees. I was impressed with the performance management capabilities and the overall ease of use, which included setting goals, identifying competencies, weighing performance to goals, linking performance to compensation, succession planning, etc. I could easily see how this platform can make an organization’s talent more effective, especially when combined with project management and implementation consultation.
- Kenexa’s recent announcements that include: launching Social Solutions for Recruiting and its new performance management suite, 2x Perform, which integrates performance management, succession planning, and compensation; a partnership with Skillsoft to integrate its e-learning content and SkillPort platform with Kenexa’s talent management platform and 2x Perform; a partnership with The Brooklyn Group to increase RPO presence in Australia; and a partnership with HR GlobBlog for global talent advice.
- SourceRight Solutions, whose revenue has been growing from both new contract wins as well as existing clients increasing hiring volumes, with the biggest news that Randstad completed its acquisition of the SFN Group for ~$771m last month. SourceRight will be the RPO arm for Randstad and with combined company revenue of ~$22 bn, of which ~80% are in Europe, expect great opportunities abroad as well as continued success in North America.
- Mercer’s Human Capital Connect, which combines talent management technology for performance management, succession planning, and compensation. It uses the PeopleFluent platform and a client success team that does a readiness assessment and stays with the client for life. Since its launch in mid-2010, a few major clients have been won, but names cannot be disclosed.
I attended twelve other meetings, demos, and presentations I’ll write more about in a future blog, but for now common themes are that HRO is thriving and that vendors are introducing new offerings for clients to improve talent management. Yes, technology combined with consultation is important and is most effective by organizations trained in how to do performance management.
Gary Bragar, HR Outsourcing Research Director, NelsonHall
Interested in reading the latest HRO news from NelsonHall? Subscribe to our newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “HRO Insight” as the subject.HR Tech, HR Tech Conference, HR Technology, HRO Activity, HRO contracts, HRO provider partnerships
This entry was posted on October 6, 2011 at 12:15 pm and is filed under HR Tech, HR Tech Conference, HR Technology, HRO Activity, HRO contracts, HRO provider partnerships. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments.
Tags: ADP, Air Canada, Bill Kutik, compensation management, e-learning, HR GlobBlog, Human Capital Connect, IBM, Kenexa, Kenexa 2X Perform, lbpo, learning outsourcing, Manpower, Mercer, multi-process hro, PeopleFluent, performance management, Randstad, recruitment process outsourcing, rpo, SFN Group, SkillPort platform, SkillSoft, Social Solutions for Recruiting, SourceRight Solutions, succession planning, talent management, The Brooklyn Group, Vantage HCMYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.